June 14, 2017
THIS PAST SUNDAY
The Lord is good. Consider all He has done to provide us the opportunity to reach people for Christ in this community through our summer outreaches:
1. He put within us the desire to reach out.
2. He provided the funding for us to reach out.
3. He gave us the green light through the town to reach out.
4. He has brought many people to the events for us to reach out.
5. He has given us good weather in order for us to reach out.
6. He has assembled a team of leaders to direct us as we reach out.
7. He has given us smooth logistical implementation as we reach out.
8. He has provided several outlets for advertising our reaching out.
9. He has already given us opportunities to share Christ with people as we reach out.
10. He has blessed us with people outside our church who are helping us reach out.
Can we give thanks to the Lord? Together let us continue serving the Lord with great joy!
As I continue a word search on love in the book of Psalms, one thing I have discovered is the detail in which the psalmists articulate the loving qualities of God. Many of these characteristics are translated into one word — love. For example, the word “mercy” is regularly translated to the word “love”. I am so thankful for God’s mercy and how much he LOVES us!
“But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
for he has been good to me.”
Psalm 13:5-6 (NIV)
by – Ginger Darrington
THE AULT OLYMPICS
Our next outreach is this Sunday–The Ault Olympics. Free hot dog dinner for everyone. Win gold, silver, or bronze medals for the following competitions:
1. Hot Dog Eating Contest (16+ years old)
2. “Dude Perfect” Basketball Contest
4. Seed-Spitting Contest
5. 3-Point Basketball Contest
6. Pie-Eating Contest
7. 3-Legged Race
8. Football Free Throws Contest
9. Gross Food Eating Contest
Prizes will be awarded for all gold medals.
The men’s fishing trip is this weekend. Didn’t sign up but still want to go? There may be room for you. Please contact Pastor Tim firstname.lastname@example.org or Gary Hughes email@example.com.
BABY BOTTLE CAMPAIGN
REMINDER: This Sunday is Father’s Day, and it’s time to return your baby bottles with cash, change, and checks to support The Resource Center in Greeley.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SCHEDULE
- SONRISE CAFE — 9:00 – 9:25 am
- SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP — 9:30 am
- SUNDAY SCHOOL — No Sunday School until August
- YOUTH GROUP — No youth group until August